March 15, 2020
Ross Community Center Plan for Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention
Over the past few days our city has entered a new phase of action to confront the threat of the coronavirus crisis. The Ross Community Center unites with other organizations in our city, and our city government, to take preventive measures that will collaboratively enhance the safety of all. We are implementing social distancing measures to enhance protection. In view of this, beginning on Monday March 16th, and at least until April 6th:
- All programs and events have been suspended. These include afterschool programming, music, Euchre Club, Bingo, Judo, Basketball, workshops, and all rentals (birthday parties, baby showers, and so forth).
- AARP Foundation Tax-Aide service has been suspended until further notice. Please see the online site locator tool (aarpfoundation.org/taxhelp) for the most up-to-date information, including when the site will reopen.
- We will offer afterschool tutoring support through online platforms to the children who participate in our afterschool programming. This will be done by appointment.
- Our English as a Second Language (ESL) classes will be offered via an online platform. Any new students interested in the class please call or text (765) 3728253.
- Our preschool classes will continue via learning packets and online.
- Our weekly free community market will be suspended on Friday, March 20, and will return on Friday March 27, possibly in a different modality. We will post updated information about this on our Facebook during the week of March 23.
- We will continue with our general operations to continue to support our community, but access to our building will be restricted. For any enquiries, please call us at (765) 747-4741, or reach out to us via our Facebook page.
Through the above, we will continue our mission to build community by providing and promoting programs, services, and activities for the advancement of education, health, and wellness in our diverse community. Under the present circumstances, this will be done through a cohesive online communications and education platform via our social media.
Please see important recommendations and continual updates with regard to the coronavirus COVID-9 at the following links:
Centers for Disease Control https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/workplace-school-and-home-guidance.pdf
Indiana State Department of Health https://www.in.gov/isdh
We will continue to work together with you as we live through these critical times together. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at (765) 747-4741, through our Facebook page, or directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.